Leaving school with no qualifications, his burning desire to be a business owner, determined his future.
When only 21 years old he worked for a worldwide cruise ship company with a staff, and travelling the world.
His intense passion to run a successful small business led him to open his first small business. His dream had come true.
He thought that by having a shop front, the customers would queue outside the door each morning and hand him their hard earned money. It wasn’t to be. He realized very quickly that he had to become a marketer. He had to get his name out into the marketplace and promote his business.”
Bernie has walked the path as a small business owner, and knows the frustrations and day to day challenges. There are short cuts that can lead you to accelerate your success.
Using his own system, developed over many years, Bernie has turned over millions of dollars in his businesses.
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Your business, and any business needs customers.
- The important difference between marketing strategy and implementation.
- It’s okay to make mistakes in marketing – don’t overanalyze.
- It all boils down to lead generation and nurturing leads through the buying cycle.
- Why you need to learn copywriting, and automate your content through the buying cycle.
- Testing and measuring everything about your marketing – and what to keep track of.
- Making sure all aspects of your business are realistic, including pricing and expectations.
- The power of Facebook as an inexpensive marketing tool.
- How to design an effective Facebook marketing ad campaign.
- What to do with cold leads to warm them up to buy.
- There is no right or wrong with marketing, just keep trying and keep learning.
- Maintaining professionalism and avoiding the ‘bait & switch’ style of marketing.
- The secret to marketing – get out there and market!