Everything I know about marketing, I learned from Santa Claus.
Set yourself up for an incredible new year with the 12 marketing lessons every photographer should learn from the man in red…
1. DELIVER ON TIME – Would we still believe in Santa if he missed a year, or came late?
2. EVERYONE LOVES A GIVER – Don’t be a taker. Move the free line, and win your prospective clients over with your generosity.
3. HIRE A TEAM OF HARDWORKING ADMIN PEOPLE TO MAKE YOU LOOK GOOD – Santa gets the glory, but the elves work hard to make it all look easy. Maybe you need to hire some elves next year (Think hardworking, talented, and offshore)
4. BUILD YOUR DATABASE – Santa makes a list and checks it twice. Most photographers don’t even have a list 🙂
5. TEACH YOUR CLIENTS HOW TO TREAT YOU – Every kid knows to leave out Milk & Cookies, and leave carrots for the reindeer. Do you get your clients to give you testimonials?
6. QUALIFY HARD – Do you grade your prospective clients? Santa even grades KIDS either naughty or nice! Which of your clients has been nice? Which prospective clients have been naughty? You know what to do…
7. LEVERAGE – Santa has a team of body doubles who have been working for the crowds at every shopping centre on the planet for the last 4 weeks. (While the real Santa sips margaritas by the pool in his big house by the beach.bZZAZ)
8. LIMIT ACCESS – Santa’s got things set up, so you can’t get him on the mobile, or just see him whenever you want. You have to send your request to an obscure PO Box in the North Pole. Are you too easy to get?
9. RUN SPECIAL EVENTS – He’s the original Product Launch Formula guy. He builds massive anticipation and even gets your kids counting down the sleep until the big day.
10. COSTUME & SELF-PROMOTION – If he just wore regular clothes, he’d be no big deal. Do you present yourself in clothes that make you THE photographer?
11. GET OTHERS TO TALK YOU UP – His P.R. elves get everyone talking about Santa, so he never has to talk himself up. Have you worked on gettingb lots of raving fans ?
12. BUILD A BUSINESS THAT GIVES YOU FREE TIME – With all his body doubles and the team of elves, Santa really only works a three or four days a year.
Happy New Year!
This year has been an amazing year for me as a photography business coach.some of the photographers that I have coached.
One studio that has been in business for many years had the best month of turnover EVER, and they have over 20 portrait bookings for next year!
Another had a $4,200 portrait sale from the Facebook Challenge that I initiated on Photobiz Exposed http://www.photobizx.com
My own business broke a few records……I had 9 x 1 hour consecutive Skype sessions on Wednesday, the most I have rever done in one day.
My clients were in UK, USA, New Zealand and around Australia, and because of different time zones, I stared at 6.30am and finished 9 hours later. Great fun!
I have had over a 1,000 “one on one” one hour Skype sessions this year, ( that’s right, over 20 a week! ) helping photographers to grow their businesses, which is the most Skype sessions I have ever done in one year.
Does this make me the world’s number one photography business coach?
My catch phrase has always been “Your Success Is My Success.”
This year lots of my photographer clients achieved best months ever, highest sales, and best years ever.
That means after 5 years as a photography business coach it has been my best year EVER!
What records did you break in your photography business this year?
Part of my strategy for next year is to launch a brand new 5 week “one on one” coaching program called the Getting Started Coaching Program, specifically for those who are wanting to start their own photography business.
The program will give a solid business foundation, and will specifically cover, Pricing, Marketing, Selling, Photography, and Overcoming Obstacles.
Click here for more info and price. http://p1.pagewiz.net/GettingStartedCoachingProgram1495
Enrol before the end of 2017 and you will save $500……my Christmas gift to you.
#photography business coach
To Your Amazing Photography Business Success
#photography business coach